Friday, January 30, 2009

The Rose Monolith


Unfortunately I had to come back here.

To Penang.

And my crappy, laksa-less hostel box. The only thing that makes me feel a little bit better is that Iylia and Kat are also in Penang. Heh.

We will not talk about Trin, who is having fun in Vietnam.

Betrayer.

Bad enough I have to come back here (studies, assignments, yada yada whateverlah), I have to put up with this bunch of guys who are doing like, construction work or something.

Most of their construction work consists of sleeping on the sofas opposite my room.

Like wtf.

As if they can't go and sleep at the boys dorm. It's just across the road. Or in their truck. Or on the pavement. Whatever, so long as it's not on the sofas in the girls dorm.

They just watch us coming out of our rooms to go to the loo (which, in a strategic misfortune, is beside the sofa place. Huh), and then they watch us walk back to our rooms.

Do they expect us to come prancing out half naked and wearing bells? And then burst into song and dance which end with swooning into their arms?

They are in the wrong movie, then.

This is the movie where they get ignored, and then reported if they so much as whistle at us.

In fact, I don't understand why they are still there. We've complained to our so-called student reps. But since the construction people haven't done anything, the reps can't do anything.

Hello? Can you not see them sleeping on our sofas? And eating there too? And perving at us?

Are we supposed to wait until they assault one of us?

That is so typically Malaysian. No, wait, that is so typically authoratative. If my uncle was the Prime Minister, then maybe they'd do something. Since he's not, we just have to put up with it.
I don't know who to throw shoes at, the reps or the constructors.

Since I've already gotten in trouble once for calling one perv an idiot, I am not going to do anything about it.

Yeah.

I'm just going to sit here and put up with this injustice, because that's life.

Even though we are university students, we still rank lower than the people who nail our laundry lines to the wall because we are female.

Go figure.

Fuck you equality.

1 comment:

treeeeeeeee-----na! said...

read PRINCESS and DAUGHTERS OF ARABIA... it's MCP to the ultimate max!