Friday, January 2, 2009

The Castle In The Sky Is Leaking

Thundercats are...fully clothed nowadays

I have discovered something while shoe shopping. It is something that actually applies to everything in life that neccesitates choices.

It is the Sixth Sense.

It is not some supernatural bullcrap, nor is it the manifestation of the advent of homo superior...although that would be pretty cool too.
It is what you feel when you find It. Or The One. That Thing That You Have Been Looking For Out Of All The Many Things You Had Already Seen.

The feeling is so incredibly different from finding a pair of nice shoes and a pair of The Shoes (Of course, The Shoes apply to every category. Therefore, there is The Heels, The Wedges, The Red Shoes, The Flats...you get it). It's the difference between The One You Will Put Up With and The One Who Will Make You Happy.

Which is when it occured to me that this feeling can be used for guys as well. I mean, it's chemistry. But the thing is that, I've never felt for a guy the way I have felt for my shopping.

No, I am NOT A SHOPAHOLIC. That would be LilyFlower.

Does the lack of feeling mean that I have been ignoring this Sixth Sense when not shopping? Or are the choices of men so far in my life just not euphoria-inducing?
For once, I give the guys the benefit of the doubt. It is not their fault that they are not as exciting as what is basically cloth sewn together and stuck on the ugliest part of our body. So, it means that will have to activate my Sixth Sense when around cute guys just to see if I get the same reaction as I do with...shoes. Or dresses. Or tees. Or socks (knee high).
If it seems as if I am objectifying men, it's probably because I am.

So anyway. I was wondering how I would activate it. Like, By The Power Of Greyskull, or Flame On!, or Avengers Assemble!

Or maybe not.

No comments: