Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Busted, But Not Really.

26.9.08

This is not an illegal explosive


Last night we went to main mercun on the insistence of my little (12 year old. Is that little? He’s still smaller than me. Little lah ya) cousin.

So Hannah and I happily accompanied him on his illegal covert mission across the road as he lugged a bright pink plastic bag filled with all kinds of mercun, including a couple (also bright pink) that stuck a foot out of the bag.


It was pretty cool since I haven’t played with fireworks since I was like a kid. (I was just

wondering but when you translate mercun, does it become fireworks and/or dynamite?).


Unfortunately I have gotten old and paranoid. So everytime he lit one I would run a hundred meters away, dragging Hannah, leaving him to his own doom.


After flinging half a dozen low-grade explosives all over the place and causing second degree burns to most of the surrounding foliage, Ilyas finally took out The Bottle. The Bottle was going to be used to stick in The Thing Like Dynamite (but not really).


The first one fizzled and died out, much like a thought in my ex-boyfriend’s head.


The next one exploded all over the place, causing Hannah and I to take refuge at the other end of the street(again).


So he was happily swaggering around holding the bottle and I was recording him blowing the remaining smoke all over the place when he looks over my shoulder and goes

Ilyas: Oh Shit.
Sam: Why?
I (still holding smoking bottle): IT”S THE COPS!!!
(Memang sah pun at the other end of the street was a shiny, lighted cop car, inching slowly towards us.)
S (standing still, recording) : Let’s run!

I: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh (picks up firework bag and runs straight towards police car on the way towards the house)..........it's the cooooooooooooooops!!!!!!!!


I was laughing too hard to record it


Darn.


It could have become family legend.

No comments: