Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back When I Was in Love With Abarai Renji

I have this assignment for CGI class. It's a really cool assignment, using Macromedia Flash.

I forget what the assignment is exactly, so I'll just call it Project 3.


So for this P3 we have to do a 10 second animation, promo animation for a product or a website.

10 seconds? I hear you say. 10 seconds, piece of cake.

My footlah piece of cake.

My knowledge of Macromedia is like this:

When I switch it on, I stare blankly at the screen, willing the little icons to communicate the purpose of their existence to me.

After several minutes, I realise (as I did so many times before) that this isn't going to work.

I go to the library and borrow books, one that looks like it could kill a man if it fell on him because it seemed impressive and the other because the guy who wrote it did animation for King of the Hill.

I have had these books for the past two weeks.

I have done no animation whatsoever.

....


Heh.


Anyway, let's not think about depressing stuff like assignments that haven't been done. Plenty of time to despair.


I actually both love and hate this kind of assignments. Love it because the endless possibilities of my imagination can potentially find an outlet, and hate it because I suck at computer programmes.

I used to hate computers.

I used to not particularly like phones either.

I'm old-fashioned that way.


So my incredible idea for the 10s ad is like this:

Outline

Woman in kimono runs. She runs straight into a mirror. She dissolves into black butterflies on the other side of the mirror. The butterflies fly off. They pass a flaghead of the title. At the end only the title remains.

Pitch

If you run into a mirror, you will disperse into butterflies.


This is what is written on the paper that my lecturer (bless his optimistic heart) approved.


If only I could just download it straight from my brain into a cd.


This is not my assignment.

No comments: