Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Military Operation


I was going to write a post railing at the injustice of the world.

Then I made the mistake of clicking on yahoo's movie gallery for G.I. Joe.

I tell you, YOU try not letting your eyes glaze over with lust at these images:

Duke (of what?)

Baroness (of what?)



Granted, I know nothing of G.I. Joe. It wasn't cool enough for me to watch when I was a kid (despite the fact that I unprejudicedly watched everything that came on) and movie studios regularly retcon well-loved characters into unrecognisable sexpots, so I'm thinking these pictures are merely a representation of a movie studio's fantasy of G.I. Joe, and nothing whatsoever to do with the geek reality of the actual cartoon.

Geeks, I feel you. I felt a great desire to defenestrate the person who brought The Spirit to the big screen (sorry Frank Miller).


But...that's CHANNING TATUM. With a SCAR.

And SIENNA MILLER. In a CORSET. And GLASSES.

Thank you Paramount, for screwing up and making my day a little better.



But I sure as hell ain't watching the actual movie thankyewverymuch.

No comments: