Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wide Open Spaces

This is exactly what it says it is

Today I went on a roadtrip with Trin.
Our destination was AIMST. It's in Sg. Petani. Which is in Kedah.
(For those of you who don't know).
Don't ask me what AIMST stands for.

Trin was going to surprise Jeremy and I was going to see Pris.

Anyway, I woke up deciding that I would be vegetarian today. It was actually something I decided yesterday, but there was no way I could resist the Mamu burger. Then I felt guilty.

So when we went to the bakery to pick up Jeremy's surprise birthday cake for his birthday surprise, of course the first thing I bought was a chicken mushroom pie for breakfast. Gasp.
Yes.
Chicken.

I'm sorry, God of Weight Guilt! I forgot! I know that it is an unacceptable excuse, but when has that ever stopped anyone from using it.

So we got to AIMST in under an hour. Serious. We didn't even get lost, or stopped at the gate. Must have been the utter conviction in our wave. And the fact that we were chicks.
Unfortunately, we did get chased from our parking spots and then ended up in the parking lot for the guys' hostel. Where Trin reversed into a divider while talking on the phone.
The excitement never stops.

Jeremy surprised and Pris met up, Trin and I had to go on a Quest for Food. Which turned into a Quest for a Cheap Mechanic when we found out the divider had whacked the exhaust pipe and turned it senget, penyek and out-of-shape causing it to Gregorian Chant everytime we moved.
Serious.
It threatened us with spontaneous combustion.
It was the Devil's voice, backwards.

With the help of Trin's friend's friend, Teoh, we found a mechanic who did the job in under an hour. This was incredible stuff because he replaced the whole exhaust pipe.
Why did he replace the whole exhaust pipe?
That was because not only was it senget, penyek and out-of-shape, it had also been kemek-ed. By at least half a foot.
See.
Never underestimate the strength of a divider.
Or Trin's reversing.

Then we went and ate (FINALLY), and Teoh showed us this incredible iceblended stuff.
You think you've seen everything yeah.
You haven't seen Peanut Iceblended.
That was mindblowing shit.

Then, having nothing to do (what a surprise, in Sg Petani), we went back to AIMST. And then fell asleep in the car in the aforementioned parking lot. Wherefore after an hour Jeremy came and then told us a) what the hell are we doing? b) we're not supposed to sleep there c) we're not even supposed to park there d) from now on I was his cousin and Trin was my cousin.
How exactly that made it more acceptable that people related to him were parked in a restricted area escaped me.
But it was pretty funny.

After that we had dinner with Pris. It was nice seeing Pris. At the rate we kept cancelling out on each other and not going back at the same time, I figured we'd only see each other after we retired.
But Fate and Trinna intervened.
Thank you, Fate and Trinna.

I will be seeing the both of you on Thursday, when I drop by to pick up my fix of GG.
Long live Chuck Bass.

No comments: