Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Self-Pitier (Or, Baudelaire's Spoof)

When the scent of you has become dust
The scent, once intertwined, once yours and mine
And someone else has replaced the lust
And someone else has replaced the trust
Long before that
I have been forgotten

And so I want to ask you, why
When the love was warm, when the love was good
Couldn’t you have at least tried
All of the times I was by your side
The moment I was away
I was forgotten

When the thought of you has fallen
Into the abyss, into nothing, when you are lost to me
Your memories will be eaten by the cold
And all that’s left of you in me is cold,
When I look into his face
I will remember
How easy it is to forget me.




This is Chuck Bass

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful, yet sad poem..
nicely written, and aptly described.

love ya,
your bestie =p