Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Take A Break

I borrowed 3 books from the library.

1. The Nature of Monsters

2. The Blood of Flowers

3. Secrets of the Chess Machine

This proves that I am a sucker for interesting titles. I was even BS-ed into borrowing and actually reading Special Topics in Calamity Physics because it sounded so quaint. It turned out to be the greatest waste of time since my ex-boyfriend.

But that is the only anomaly. Black is the Colour of My True Love's Heart, The Meaning of Night, The Wooden Sea, The Amazing Adventures of Cavalier and Clay, The Voyage of the Narwhal, A Philosophical Investigation have all been wonderful wonderful wonderful. I wish that I could write here every book I borrowed for its name that has left a happy little mark on my memory, even the ones with only a one-word title, because their incredibleness is not contained by the size of their title.

Isn't it cool? I mean, I would write a book just so that I could name it something interesting. Just so that I can imagine someone spotting it while browsing through shelves and thinking, Hey, that looks interesting, or What is it about?

Wouldn't that be nice? In the world of Cadbury. Etc etc etc.
I'm hungry.

No comments: