Saturday, July 25, 2009

Her

If you could pull my heart
From this stormy ocean
Into the frigid arms of life
I will go back again and find her
My whole life to lie beside her
And what follows there behind her
Is just a darker dying side of her


I love her as night loves death
Anger loves fire
As hate loves breath
The ice and rage, another stage
Of our passions, another page
In this book of ruined words
Choking at the back of our throats
As birds fall from the sky


And when they ask me
Why I love her
I have to tell them
It’s the translucence of her skin
It’s the horror of the ghost within
All the lies that stain me told
In the pattern of her hair they unfold


Forgive me, I have need of her
And if death may part us
I will see her
And if my frozen lips do part to tell
The terrors of her unearthly charm
There is no harm
For there is no better hell
Than in her arms.

No comments: