Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Those Kind of Eyes

I picked up some stray kittens a few days ago.
I found myself talking a lot to God.
He wasn't very helpful.
But He gives good hugs.

Me: Why in Your Name did You make me pick up those kittens?? I can’t help them! They’re BLIND! And they can’t even pee on their own…

God: It’s called having some humanity. And not much common sense.

Me: Yeah, You made them cute so that they would appeal to the nurturing side of humans. Then some poor sod will pick their little bodies up and bring them home in a Maggi box. And then? I’m not a mother cat! I don’t have six nipples! I’m not even lactating! They’ll die in the night while I sleep, and what purpose would that serve?

God: Eh, hello. You think that just because I coughed in your direction and gave you a soul means living would be easy is it? Choices are not supposed to be easy. You are supposed to put some thought in it. You are human right? Not an ant?...You’re not an ant, are you?

Me: No, I am not an ant.

God: Good. Sometimes I forget. I didn’t want to insult you if you were an ant and I had missed out your evolution into bipedal automatons with vocal chords.

Me, slightly confused: But…You just described humans.

God: Oh…That was certainly not my intention. At all. This is not a witty social commentary, or anything of that sort. After all, who am I to tell you what’s what.

Me:

*

Me: Well, they all died.

God: I’m sorry to hear that.

Me: I guess they’re in a better place.

God: I guess.

Me: ………………………………………..what do You mean You guess????????????????

God: If I told you everything, you might as well be God, innit?

Me: ARGH.

*

God: How are you doing then?

Me: I’m fine. Totally fine. Thanks.

God: Here’s a hug.

*hug*

God: It’s also called a slight restoration of faith. You’ll have to give it time.

Me: You never give us enough time.

God: I always give you just enough.

*

No comments: