Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Risky First Move

Today I drove to buy goreng pisang.


(Yes, my life is so boring now that I am reduced to reporting stuff like this).


Actually, to those of you who know me, this is groundbreaking news.


Not because I actually bought pisang goreng (which in itself is a sin against the frickin god of diet because it's so oily and carb-y and covered in chewy batter and tastes so indecently delicious), but because I. Drove.


Without killing, maiming or mutilating anyone, mind you.


An achievement in itself.


I did, however, miss a left turn and...swerved...into the wrong left rather...quickly, nearly causing my poor beloved mother to have a...coronary infarction.


Fortunately, there are less people living on my side of the state than there are ligers on this planet. This being Kuching and all.


(No, I did not misspell TIGER).




OMG, I love guys who have that shirt-vest-pinstripe thing going.

I also love Daniel Henney.

I guess if he wore a sack, I'd say I love men who wore that too.

Oh, and I watched Wolverine again. Did now knowing the backstory of all the characters change the way I viewed the movie in comparison to the first time?

Not in the way I saw the characters. In fact, I didn't even sit through the whole movie. I just ran back and forth from my laptop to the tv whenever Agent Zero showed up.

I guess I'm an X-MEN fan, not a Team X/Weapon X/Wolverine standalone fan.

Or maybe the movie was just cool and populated with good looking people, but I know in my heart of hearts that that is all it is - a cool movie with nothing really much to do with the actual characters.

Remy LeBeau was just a good looking guy with a pack of cards and a bo stick.

He wasn't really Gambit.

(Cue pensive staring off into the horizon as everyone righteously agrees...or not. Hahaha).

2 comments:

Skip To The Sky With Lilies In Your Hands said...

you drove?
YOU drove?
you, Samantha Lauren Joseph, drove?

....


OH-MY-FREAKING-LICIOUS-GOD!!!

YOU..DROVE!!!!!!!!!!

did u smack your face on the dashboard or had a minor concussion after the blissful drive?

did u had a dream, you were manouvering (is that how you spell it?) (anyways) a tank, on your way to squash that boy aka stupido?

that u suddenly decided to gamble your life, not to forget, your MOTHER'S life, with your so-called skilled driving, JUST to buy pisang goreng??

hahahahahahahaahahahahaahahhahaah.

p/s: i miss you. =)

sam said...

yeah. i know! hey, what's a life compared to learning a new skill?
we have to learn to prioritise baybeh.
;)