Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Vintage Retro Superpower Doll Hero


I was thinking about all the costumes I saw people dressed up in on Halloween...angel, demon, bee/spider hybrid, vampire, ship admiral, mummy, vampire, Jabbawockeez, construction workers, vampire, spiderwoman, CLARK KENT, vampire...and it was so cool. It was cool.
I wished I had gone as Yuko Ichihara. Or even Mokona.

Oh well.

And then I wondered why people dress up on Halloween.

I know, I know. Why do I even care? I've watched enough Buffy the Vampire Slayer (because obviously Buffy is a dependable knowledge guide) to know that it's the time when the monsters and stuff walk around...aimlessly..because everyone looks like them now. And it's something to do with Samhain (yeah, I'm talking about you, Pumpkin Head).
And, uh, that's it.

So I wiki-ed it.
I know! I mean, I don't even know what's on the headlines of the newspaper today and yet I can waste my time Wiki-ing halloween?? It's terrible. Tragic. The values of society these days have gone down the toilet bowl with the sound of the environmentally friendly half-flush.

So anyway, I read it.

Or at least I read half of it, and then got bored.

Why do they write such long posts? Don't they realise the modern attention span is about 1.5 minutes long (and that is an optimistic estimate)? I was totally distracted with searching for Buffy images while waiting for something interesting to happen on the Wiki halloween page. I mean, a celebration of summer? Come on, people! No gruesome underage sacrifices? No naked pagan chanting? No horrific badass monster king? Why am I reading this page again?

Conclusion: It's obvious that Halloween serves no higher purpose than as a glorified LARPing session.

Next year I will go as broccoli.

2 comments:

Sashie VII said...

..oh. So you won't be going to the dinner as a broccoli?

sam said...

i will be going as cauliflower. It seems appropriate. hahaha.