Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Tides of Man

The other day I was at Pyramid with Kat. While waiting for Kat to buy a donut (because she has a stomach the size of an army base), I watched the people on the ice-skating rink.

Of course, the first person who caught my eye was this dude with The Most Disastrous Haircut On Earth. No joke. He looked like he ran headfirst into an orange pompom. Kat said it was not too bad, and hey, who am I to judge other people's life choices?

I am Sam, just to clarify that.

Then Kat came back and we spent the nxt 15 minutes watching this cute couple skate around. Except the longer we watched, the more we realised that they weren't actually a couple.
The girl was a much better skater than the guy, and she kept leaving him behind, or skating just out of his reach. The guy pretty much sucked. But he obediently struggled all over the ice, with her just inches away. Just inches away, but out of his reach.

HA HA HA HA.

Basically, he was there ONLY for the girl. And he was quite cute, but the girl seemed quite immune. She was immune all over the rink. I wonder if he regrets strapping on the skates now. Still, she might thaw once they were off the ice.

It was sweet though. I was witnessing an age-old human ritual : Courtship. Or at least an attempt at one.


It's almost time for a carol

No comments: