Thursday, October 29, 2009

Face/Body Dissonance


I just realised the last three movies I have watched all have starred Gerald Butler.

1) The Ugly Truth

2) Gamer

3) A Law Abiding Citizen.

I am actually not really a fan of Butler. I am a fan of prettyboys.
Butler is the opposite of prettyboy. He is what approaching a prettyboy from the opposite direction would look like.

What I mean to say is, he is not very good looking (but ,whoa, is he buff. Like, really buff. There's this scene in Citizen where he strips naked and...ANYWAYS).

And then I thought, if he isn't very good looking, why is he in movies? Why is he acting with Katherine Heigl, the guy from Dexter and Jamie Foxx? And why has he made SO MANY movies that I have watched THREE of them in TWO months? Why? I can only think of these reasons:

1) He is Scottish.

2) People are sick to death of pretty boys and want to see a normal dude/real man.

3) A "real man" with a 6 pack, pecs, arms like lamp posts and thighs like tree trunks.

4) He is buff.

5) Really buff.

So basically, he's there because he's buff and when he speaks, he sounds like he has a dorkily charming lisp because he's Scottish. The dissonance is appealing. Or something. I still don't get it...

where the hell is Hayden Christensen?


note: in the Housemate Rhyme, verse 2 is Twi'lek/Aylaa Secura from Star Wars, verse 3 is GreenSkinned Space Babe/Gaila from Star Trek, verse 4 is An Elf from Lord of the Rings, verse 5 is X-23 from X-Force OR Catwoman, as Ally pointed out, and verse 5 is Buffy the Vampire Slayer from Buffy...the Vampire Slayer.

No comments: