Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mysteries

Have I been searching for a strange love,
That happens in pale moonlight
And have I been searching for a real love
On the wrong side of the night?
I think I see you, but it's not you,
Just a grinning shadow or antlered wings,
Just the angels of the dark, the ghostly things

Have I been trying to divine
The nature of a monster,
Am I seeking demons I need not face,
Am I writing love songs whose words will waste
Away and I am left sobbing
By the stream of my own fears
And you are gone, a mist of ribbons
That cut through the night and disappear

I have been chasing stardust
That shone across my skin
I thought it illuminated within
But it was as empty as every light
That shines the brightest
And I give up on your hollow star
That's not where you are
That's not where you'll ever be
You do not know my name
But you have hurt me all the same.

No comments: