Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Castiel Castiel Castiel

Behold, Castiel, Angel of Serious Hotness


This is what I have achieved this past few weeks:

1. watched all of Austin Powers movies (thanks, brother).
2. cooked an actual meal.
3. baked 3 cakes.
4. watched 26 episodes of Bleach.
5. bathed my cat.
6. watched several seasons of CSI and CSI: New York.
7. watched Push because of Chris Evans.
8. watched Tales of the Black Freighter, which is a ripoff. It should be 15-minute Tale of the Delusional Captain.
9. watched half of Supernatural season 5.
10. Castiel.

How did I exist without Supernatural before this? How did I face the world without knowing Castiel? How? It seems inconceivable. But I guess that word isn’t what I think it means (and if you can figure out which movie that’s from, buy yourself a lollipop, extra large).

Castiel, see, is the guy who pulled Dean out of hell. And yet, no one is very grateful to him (typical).

Poor dude. No wonder he looks so fricking miserable all the time. Which is part of his charm.

Although some people (since I’m at home, that would be limited to my mum) think that he looks pathetic and scruffy.

Well! If I was a an angel with doubts and God didn’t care, and the humans I keep saving don’t give a shit, I wouldn’t look like Mary Sunshine either! And if my partner was an asshat who kept trying to kill the human I went to so much trouble to save, plus if I had to kill my boss because I was told to, I wouldn’t be walking around looking like James Bond! I would walk around looking like Castiel.

Anyway.

The point I’m trying to make is that Castiel is so incredibly, depressingly cute.

He looks so worried all the time. His spiky hair makes him look about 21. His noir-detective shirt and beige trenchcoat are always sad looking. He looks like he’s too tired to shave more than once in two days.

I know, I know. He sounds like someone suffering from Major Depression. But he’s hot, so it’s okay for him to be psychologically afflicted.

Oh, and ohmygod, the actor who plays him is incredible. Seriously. He used the word euphemistically in an interview. I think I’m in love.

No comments: