Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Don't Wanna Miss A Single Thing You Do

I am going to throw off this funk.
I am going to be more of me, and less of the person who is just going through the motions of life.
You know what this means.
This means I am going to make an effort.
At everything.


List of Everything


  • Work, you may be the least loved of all the things on my Thing List, but you deserve the effort, because you pay for my pretty clothes and new shoes and what I like to pretend is happiness.


  • Guitar, you may be a lover on loan, but that doesn't mean I should love you any less or spend any less time with you than I would one who is true.


  • Writing, maybe I thought ignoring you would make it easier to forget you ever existed, and therefore allow me to forget the promises you used to hold for me. But I guess in our life, we're lucky if we even have one thing we do well. So why should I turn my back on you?

  • Brother, you may be a snarky little twit most of the time and...yeah, I think that's about it. And I love you.


  • Friends, I need to hang out more with you and you and you. I will make the effort! I will go the distance! Provided there is public transport to wherever it is you want to meet up at.


  • Love, I need to realise that you are everywhere, and stop trying to find it in just one person, only to be disappointed when that person turns out to be human. Love is everywhere! Love is a hug, a smile, a teardrop, a laugh, a playful punch on the arm, an inside joke, a kiss, a moment, an open heart, anything. It's everything.

So, people. Can we be more alive? Or at least jiggle a little in your seats while listening to this:


- Train

No comments: