Thursday, September 15, 2011

Who Would Have Thought

Weapon of individual destruction.

I went for my first classes two days ago. In between classes, there was a violent thunderstorm of Wuthering Heights proportions, so to pass the time I called my brother.

Me: Hi Ben. Bla bla bla.

Ben: There's a storm here.

Me: Here too.

Ben: Did you know that you can get electrocuted if you're on the phone in a thunderstorm?

Me: I have never heard such rubbish in my life. Also, I'm indoors.

Ben (ominously): It doesn't matter! You're not safe anywhere! It happens every year. Mum wants to talk to you.

Mum: Hi sweetie. Bla bla bl -- (suddenly cut off)

Jeng jeng jeng

I call the house phone.

Me: Did Mum get struck by lightning?

Ben: No. BUT that does not mean she might not have been.

(Apparently, my brother is right!)

No comments: