Tuesday, September 13, 2011

UM what?

Lots of stuff happened last week, but the only thing I felt was relevant was that I am supposed to be starting my masters of english lit at UM (or reading english lit. hur hur hur. sounds so nice).

EXCEPT THAT although I start classes today and I have been assured by the faculty and the website that I have in fact been accepted, I have received zero communication from UM's Institute of Graduate Studies. No mail, emails or calls. So I haven't registered because I don't know what the heck to do next.

And the ironic part? I interviewed IGS last month and they talked about how efficient they are. NOW THAT'S FUCKING IRONIC for people out there who don't know what irony means (or maybe it would be more ironic if it had been about how competent they are). And this is just one shitty thing in a whole bunch of shitty things happening. Small shitty things tend to accumulate and become a big shitty ball of shittiness.

So I will call up IGS and ask them what they're going to do to fix it. Most likely nothing, because the concept of accountability and work responsibility seems to be alien within the government admin levels. Why are they always so resentful and defensive all the time? Yeah, yeah. Everyone is smarter than you. Whose fault is that? Not mine. I'm your customer, and I'm effing paying you for an education. It's not fucking free and neither is UM paying me to study there.

Somebody please explain to me how UM became the top rated public uni in Malaysia when they can't even be bothered to tell their students that they've been accepted?

1 comment:

flower said...

my dear, you have been swearing a lot lately...