Monday, December 27, 2010

Whalish

On the 24th, we were preparing for my Mum and bro to come down to KL. We then realised a very big problem (actually I've always known about it): I am retarded at directions.

Me (after several fruitless attempts trying to understand directions): I admit I am utterly lacking in the directions department.

Seth: You aren't lacking. Lacking implies some of it actually existing. You don't have it. Nothing. Nil.

Me: Fine! My directions department is non-existant!

After that conversation, this occured:

Seth: Okay, what we'll do is. I drop you off, you hop over to your mum's and you give her directions to the dim sum place.

Me: Stares at him blankly

Seth: *sigh* Okay, you know the highway that we always use to go back to your place? You just follow it...

Me: Stares at him blankly

Seth: I'm going to cry.

Now, whose fault is that? It's like expecting a duck to speak Latin. I mean, you know it's a duck right. It's not the duck's fault!

But with intense directions, I eventually managed to show my Mum the way.

*

My brother is now nurturing an interest in football. He then asked me what team I support.
Not bothering to watch any football for the last four years, and under fear of admitting to be an MU supporter, I instead said I supported whichever team had Ryan Giggs in it.

Ben: He's never even scored a goal.

Me: Yes he has!!! He's the best winger ever (ten years ago)!!

Ben: He's old. He won't be around much longer.

Me: That doesn't matter, he's already been offered to be coach for Wales!

Ben: Wales? Is that even a club?

Me: It's a country.

Ben: He's...Walish?

Me: Welsh!

Ben: Ha ha ha ha...Whalish!