Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I Just Wanna Feel, Real Love

I am reading Slap Me Why Don't You, and felt inspired to have my own little rant.

In my line of work, I deal with highly educated people. You know those types - sometimes arrogant, obnoxious, even pretentious. In a way I feel they earned the right to be proud of their achievements. But one thing is that they are very rarely rude. And I don't think that even if you're the President of the United States would you have earned the right to be rude to any human being (or living thing, including bunnies; they have feelings too).

So today I had to call a few highly educated people to confirm with them about an email interview. They were all very pleasant and polite. Then I came to the last lady.

Me: Is this Ms XXX?

Ms XXX: Yes, this is Ms XXX talking.

Me: Hi, I'm Samantha from TTT. We're doing an article on ZZZ and they gave us your number to contact. Do you mind doing an email interview for us?

Ms XXX: Oh, I already gave my details to Ms Etc from ZZZ.

Me: Yes, but we need you to do an interview and answer -

Ms XXX: Are you Ms Etc from ZZZ? Because I already gave my details to her. Can't you ask her?

Me: No, I'm not...Pardon me?

Ms XXX (impatiently): I've already talked to Ms Etc from ZZZ. You know Ms Etc from ZZZ? Can you ask her instead? I gave my details already. Are you Ms Etc from ZZZ?

Me: (what? I already told you who I was and where I was from when YOU PICKED UP THE PHONE. Also, you think what, people can write article just with your phone number and email is it? Can unlock secrets is it with that info?) No, I'm Samantha from TTT. You gave your details, but we need you to do an email interview -

Ms XXX: Interview? How about the others? What did they say?

Me: They've already agreed.

Ms XXX: So when do you want to interview us? I'm very busy you know. I don't know if I'm free.

Me: It's an email interview (as I had previously mentioned a gazillion times). I'll send it to you today, and you can take your time filling it up and send it to me on Friday.

Ms XXX: FRIDAY?? That's too soon. I won't have time to do it.

Me: There's only ten -

Ms XXX: Aiyo, it's too rushed. When is the last time that I can give it to you? Can you go and ask your editor when is the last date? Because I really don't think that is enough time to do an interview.

Me: WTHECK IS WRONG WITH YOU????I'M NOT ASKING YOU TO WRITE YOUR LIFE STORY AND SEND IT TO ME LA WOMAN!!!HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO ANSWER TEN QUESTIONS???YOUR KEYBOARD MADE OF CROCODILES IS IT??YOU DON'T WANT TO ANSWER SOME OF THEM ALSO FINE.

Nolah, what I said was this: I think probably Monday is the latest, as we are going to print next week.

Ms XXX (impatiently): I don't think that is enough time. I can only get back to you next week with the answers. That's a lot to write. You know what, you send me the email and then I'll look at it la. If I feel like it, then I'll answer it.

Me: Sure. That's great. Thanks very much and may warts grow on your grave.

I hung up.

IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT. WAISEHMEN like that also can. If you don't want to means say don't want la. Want to bargain time with me some more. My grandfather's newspaper is it?

After that I asked my editor if we could leave her out because she was such a pain.

2 comments:

flower said...

sound so chinese, she has to be one right? hahahha
eh, ur mom and bro came to Johor already ka?? What'd you name your bunnies? =)

Khairie said...

Now, only now, do I understand the reference to bunnies.