Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sea Path

How far now to unfathomable?
How far now to the darkness beneath?
If I can't read you, then I can't understand you
It's getting deep and it's hard to breathe

I am riding on the back of a serpent
As she slides through the sea
Her fragile scales crushed under my grip
As her poison holds me

Where is the end of this journey?
In blue waters of tragedy?
In dark caverns of forgotten love
That stain a soul eternally

How long more do I venture
To what I do not know
You are not here, you may not be there
But Ocean tells me, go

The swirling waters, the endless night
Is this where I will find you?
Yet ghost fishes wearing the souls of old wishes
Wander through and through and through

I am no god, and I will end soon
And you will go on as lost as before
So tell me, where is your unfathomable
Tell me, how far more?

I may find you, or I may seek the moon
Or am I now seeking her fallen reflection
Twisted by the waves, eaten by the creatures
Where did you go to not return?
Let me wait for you.

No comments: