Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Rest for the Weary

Valentine's.
Named after a saint.
Bet he martyred himself.
Who wouldn't, with a nancyboy name like that? Probably volunteered for martyrism.

Anyway.
I went to Chowrasta. And bought Polgara the Sorceress.
Why did I buy a David Eddings book when I know that every book of his is a regurgitation of the previous book?
Because it had the word Sorceress.
Cool word what.
And his books are pretty funny sometimes.

Do you know...
That the SoHo Dolls rock.

I wanna prophesize
my vessel is capsized
I sailed through the tides
through my tears
through my cries

That after listening to her songs for the hundredth time because i just play every song in my library because I'm too lazy to create a playlist, A Fine Frenzy is actually pretty nice.

All the same
I don't want mudslinging games
It's such a shame
To let you walk away

That Garbage will transcend time with their brilliantness.
wtf i meant brilliance.

You come on like a drug
I just can't get enough
I'm like an addict coming at you for a little more
And there's so much at stake
I can't afford to waste
I never needed anybody like this before

That Damien Rice has probably driven people to suicide by his mere burp. His burp of melancholia.

You could've called if you'd needed
But you lonelily got yourself locked instead
And you let me down
It's one thing being cheated
But you took him all the way through your bed
And now you're coming home
And I'm trying to forgive
You're coming home
And I'm trying to forget


Modern day lyricists are really modern day poets.
Some of them anyway.
Some of them just pay other people to be cheesy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

" Where are we? What the hell is going on?
The dust has only just begun to fall,
Crop circles in the carpet, sinking, feeling...

Oily marks appear on walls
Where pleasure moments hung before
The takeover, the sweeping insensitivity
Of this still life...

Ransom notes keep falling out your mouth.
Mid-sweet talk, newspaper word cut-outs.
Speak no feeling, no I don't believe you.."

Imogen Heap's Hide and Seek jolts the heart with profound sadness.

"It's the heart afraid of breaking
that never learns to dance
It's the dream afraid of waking,that never takes the chance
It's the one who won't be taken
who cannot seem to give
and the soul afraid of dying,that never learns to live"

Because Bette Midler's The Rose is a masterpiece of emotion and prose entwined.

=)