Friday, July 22, 2011

In Other Words, I'd Like To Be Emma Dalgliesh

Yesterday I was asked what I would like to do had I not have to think of money.

I came up with some balderdash about how I'd like to write and travel and do charity work, which, at that time, I believed was completely true.



Like Angelina Jolie, except literate and sane.


Sounds nice what.

But when I went back and started to think about it (as one is apt to do once one has answered the question and has no recourse. What are you going to do? Send an email saying, sorry, you know that question you asked? I want to change my answer after further consideration. Pooh).

And I decided that at the moment, what I would like to do if I didn't have to worry about money or reality or whatever, is to teach literature at a university. And since we're in an ideal world, I'd be teaching to a class of interested students. And then I'll go home and do my own writing.

And I'd still travel, but by myself or with sugarplum. For my own memories. And I'd do some charity work. But no starving children. Or homeless people. Or old people. Or really sick people. Or people with no country. Or anyone in a sad situation that I can't do anything to change that will just make me hate humanity.




Maybe I'll just stick to the SPCA then. I like animals better than most people anyway.

No comments: